Last updated October 12, 2020
How to Reinstate a Colorado LLC
An LLC can be dissolved in 2 ways: voluntarily or involuntarily.
Voluntarily = dissolved by you.
Involuntarily = dissolved by the state (also known as administrative dissolution).
But in Colorado, as of 2005, they have stopped administrative dissolving LLCs.
If you have shut down your own LLC and need to reinstate it, this guide will walk you through the proper steps.
If your LLC is delinquent (you missed your Periodic Report), you’ll need file a Statement Curing Delinquency. We have instructions for you: How to Cure a Colorado LLC Delinquency.
Steps to Reinstating your Colorado LLC
If you have shut down your LLC and need to reinstate it (“reopen” it), you can do so at any time.
You need to file what’s known as the Articles of Reinstatement.
The filing fee for the Articles of Reinstatement is $100.
It can only be filed online (cannot be filed by mail) and you’ll need to pay the $100 filing fee with a debit or credit card.
- Search for your LLC on the Colorado website: http://www.sos.state.co.us/biz/FileDocSearchCriteria.do
- Once you find your LLC name in the results, click the blue link to the left (the ID number).
- Click “Confirm” at the bottom.
- Click the “Articles of Reinstatement” link.
- Make sure your Registered Agent and Office Address are up to date.
- Under the “Notice” section, fill in your name and contact information.
- Click “Submit” at the bottom of the page.
- Enter your payment info on the next page.
- Once payment goes through successfully, you will see a confirmation message.
Congratulations, your LLC is now reinstated! Save/print a copy of the confirmation page for your records.
(The LLC is instantly reinstated once payment goes through)
Need more details? Visit Colorado’s Instructions Page.
If you have further questions on how to reinstate your LLC, you can also contact the CO Secretary of State:
Phone: 303-894-2200 (Hours: M-F, 8:00am – 5:00pm MT)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (they reply very fast)