Last updated on
Alaska LLC Biennial Report Instructions
How to form an LLC in Alaska
This Quick Start Guide is a brief overview of how to form an LLC in Alaska.
Alaska LLC Costs:
Alaska LLC filing fee: $250 (one-time fee)
Alaska LLC initial report fee: $0
Alaska LLC biennial report fee: $100 (every 2 years)
(check out Northwest vs LegalZoom)
Every LLC in Alaska is required to file a Biennial Report every 2 years.
The purpose of the Biennial Report is to keep your LLC’s contact information up to date with the state.
Method of Filing
Your Biennial Report can be filed by mail, but the state prefers you file it online.
Your Biennial Report is due every 2 years, starting from when you filed your Initial Report.
Your Biennial Report must be filed by January 2nd (every other year).
For example, if you filed your Initial Report on May 15th 2016, your Biennial Report is due by January 2nd 2018, and then due by January 2nd every other year.
If you’re having trouble determining when your Biennial Report is due, please contact the state at 907-465-2550.
The state gives you a grace period of 1 month. If you still do not file your Biennial Report by February 1st, the state will impose a late fee of $37.50. If you continue to ignore this requirement, the state will eventually shut down your LLC.
Before you begin, you will need to have your LLC’s Entity Number.
You can find your Entity Number by searching for your LLC here:
Tip: We recommend putting a repeating reminder on your calendar to make sure you file your Biennial Report every 2 years.
Instructions for AK LLC Biennial Report
1. Enter your LLC’s Entity # and click the “File Online” button.
2. Entity Addresses: verify your mailing and physical address. Make any changes if needed.
(Note: you cannot change your Registered Agent in your Biennial Report. If you need to change your Registered Agent, file a Statement of Change and pay the $25 filing fee.)
3. Officials: Add or remove any LLC member(s) if there have been changes.
4. Name of person completing this online application: agree to the terms, enter your full name and phone number, then click the “Proceed” button.
5. Review Page: Click the “Review Filing” PDF link to review your information one final time. You can also print/save this PDF for your records.
- If you need to make any changes, click the “Return to Filing” button.
- To proceed and electronically file your Biennial Report, click the “Proceed to Payment” button.
Enter your billing information, email address, phone number, and click the “Continue” button to make payment.
Congratulations, your Alaska Biennial Report has been filed!
Tip: Remember to put a repeating reminder on your calendar to make sure you file your Biennial Report every 2 years.
It will take 30-60 seconds for the system to file your Biennial Report.
To verify that your Biennial Report has been filed, go to the Entity Search page, search for your LLC, click its Entity number on the left, scroll down to the “Filed Documents” section, and look for “Biennial Report” in the list.
State of Alaska Contact Information
907-465-2550 (8am-5pm AKT)
[email protected] (email)