Last updated on
Alaska LLC Initial Report
How to form an LLC in Alaska
This Quick Start Guide is a brief overview of how to form an LLC in Alaska.
Alaska LLC Costs:
Alaska LLC filing fee: $250 (one-time fee)
Alaska LLC initial report fee: $0
Alaska LLC biennial report fee: $100 (every 2 years)
(check out Northwest vs LegalZoom)
Every LLC in Alaska is required to file an Initial Report within 6 months of approval.
The purpose of the Initial Report is to keep your LLC’s contact information up to date with the state.
The cost is $0 and it can be filed online.
Your Initial Report can only be filed after your LLC has been approved.
Before you begin, you will need to have your LLC’s Entity Number.
You can find your Entity Number by searching for your LLC here:
Instructions for AK LLC Initial Report
1. Enter your LLC’s Entity # and click the “File Online” button.
2. Entity Addresses: verify your mailing and physical address. Make any changes if needed.
(Note: you cannot change your Registered Agent in your Initial Report. If you need to change your Registered Agent, file a Statement of Change and pay the $25 filing fee.)
3. Officials: you need to list the LLC member(s). Click the “Add” button to begin.
- Enter the member’s name, address, and title. Most people will use “Member”.
- Enter the percent ownership without the % sign. Ex: enter “50” for 50%, “100” for 100%, etc.
- Once finished, click the “Save” button.
- Click the “Add” button again if you have more members, or proceed if you just have one member.
4. Name of person completing this online application: agree to the terms, enter your full name and phone number, then click the “Proceed” button.
5. Review page: click the “Review Filing” PDF link to review your information one final time. You can also print/save this PDF for your records.
- If you need to make any changes, click the “Return to Filing” button.
- To proceed and electronically file your Initial Report, click the “Proceed” button.
Congratulations, your Alaska LLC’s Initial Report is filed!
It will take 30-60 seconds for the system to process your Initial Report.
To verify that your Initial Report has been filed, go to the Entity Search page, search for your LLC, click its Entity number, scroll down to the “Filed Documents” section, and look for “Initial Report” in the list.
Once your Initial Report has been filed, you can then proceed to the next lesson: Operating Agreement.
State of Alaska Contact Information
907-465-2550 (8am-5pm AKT)
[email protected] (email)