The first step to starting a Colorado LLC is to check that your desired LLC name is available for use. Your LLC name can’t be already taken by another business, and must meet the Colorado business name rules.
Colorado LLC Name/Business Databases
- This database searches all business entities registered in Colorado.
- Don’t enter a designator, such as “LLC”, during the search.
- Get an “available” or “not available” response.
- Enter a designator during this search.
- We recommend using this in addition to the Business Database Search to be certain your Colorado LLC name is unique.
- Most people don’t need to go this “advanced”, but it’s here if needed.
Colorado Secretary of State Contact Info
How do I change my LLC name?
You can change your LLC’s name later by filing an Amendment form with the Secretary of State.
We have step-by-step instructions on how to change an LLC name in Colorado.
And check out TRUIC’s business name generator if you need help coming up with an LLC name.