Last updated January 4, 2021
How to Form an LLC in Colorado
How to form an LLC in Colorado ← you are here
This Quick Start Guide is a brief overview of how to form an LLC in Colorado.
Colorado LLC costs:
LLC filing fee: $50 (one-time)
LLC periodic report: $10 (every year)
★ Check out Northwest vs LegalZoom
Here is a quick overview on starting an LLC in Colorado
A Colorado Limited Liability Company (LLC) is a legal structure used to protect your personal assets (home, car, bank account) in the event your business is sued.
An LLC can be used to operate a business, or an LLC can be used to hold assets (such as real estate, vehicles, boats, or aircraft).
How to form an LLC in Colorado:
- Search your Colorado LLC name in the state’s database
- Choose your LLC’s Colorado Registered Agent
- File your LLC Articles of Organization and pay the $50 state filing fee
After your Colorado LLC is approved:
- Complete and sign your LLC’s Operating Agreement
- Obtain a Federal Tax ID Number from the IRS
- File your Periodic Report every year
We’ve created a free DIY course that will walk you through forming your Colorado LLC, step-by-step.
You can find the detailed lessons linked at the top of this page.
Northwest ($39 + state fee) or LegalZoom ($149 + state fee)
(check out Northwest vs LegalZoom)