How to form a Hawaii LLC [Step-by-step] - LLC University

Last updated October 31, 2020

Deal alert! Our favorite company, Northwest, is forming LLCs for $39 (60% off!) See details.

How to Form an LLC in Hawaii

How to form an LLC in Hawaii ← you are here
This Quick Start Guide is a brief overview of how to form an LLC in Hawaii.

Detailed Lessons:


Hawaii LLC costs:
State filing fee: $51 (one-time fee)
Annual fee: $15 (every year)

Need help?
Hire a professional company to form your Hawaii LLC:
Northwest ($39 + state fee) or LegalZoom ($149 + state fee)

★ Check out Northwest vs LegalZoom

Here is a quick overview on starting an LLC in Hawaii

How to Form an LLC in HawaiiA Hawaii Limited Liability Company (LLC) is a legal structure used to protect your personal assets (home, car, bank account) in the event your business is sued.

An LLC can be used to operate a business, or an LLC can be used to hold assets (such as real estate, vehicles, boats, or aircraft).

Forming an LLC in Hawaii is simple:

The Hawaii Business Registration Department will approve your LLC in 7-10 business days if you file by mail. If you file online, LLC approval time will be 3-5 business days.

After your Hawaii LLC is approved:

We’ve created free instructions that will walk you through forming your Hawaii LLC, step-by-step.

You can find the detailed lessons linked at the top of this page.

Need to save time? Hire a professional to form your LLC in Hawaii:
Northwest ($39 + state fee) or LegalZoom ($149 + state fee)

(check out Northwest vs LegalZoom)

Matt Horwitz
Founder & Educator, LLC University®
Forming an LLC shouldn't be so complicated. Our step-by-step guide will make the process a breeze – and no complex legal jargon! LLC University® teaches people how to form an LLC for free in all 50 states. We hope you find our free guides and resources helpful in your business journey.

4 comments on “Hawaii LLC”

Disclaimer: Nothing on this page shall be interpreted as legal or tax advice. Rules and regulations vary by location. They also change over time and are specific to your situation. Furthermore, this comment section is provided so people can share their thoughts and experience. Please consult a licensed professional if you have legal or tax questions.

  1. Hello,
    I am non-US resident, I want to open LLC for Ecommerce purpose, could you please guide me if I am hiring Northwest registered agent for my company then how can I access to my debit card which will be couriered by the bank to Northwest(my LLC address)

  2. I already have Federal EIN with my own name. Do I need to apply a new one for my single member LLC with IRS or using the same number?


Leave a comment or question

 Email me when I get a reply.