Last updated October 31, 2020
How to Form an LLC in Hawaii
How to form an LLC in Hawaii ← you are here
This Quick Start Guide is a brief overview of how to form an LLC in Hawaii.
Hawaii LLC costs:
State filing fee: $51 (one-time fee)
Annual fee: $15 (every year)
★ Check out Northwest vs LegalZoom
Here is a quick overview on starting an LLC in Hawaii
A Hawaii Limited Liability Company (LLC) is a legal structure used to protect your personal assets (home, car, bank account) in the event your business is sued.
An LLC can be used to operate a business, or an LLC can be used to hold assets (such as real estate, vehicles, boats, or aircraft).
Forming an LLC in Hawaii is simple:
- Search your Hawaii LLC name in the state database
- Select your LLC’s Hawaii Registered Agent
- Submit your LLC Articles of Organization (by mail or online) and pay the state filing fee of $51 ($50 filing fee + $1 archive fee)
The Hawaii Business Registration Department will approve your LLC in 7-10 business days if you file by mail. If you file online, LLC approval time will be 3-5 business days.
After your Hawaii LLC is approved:
- Complete your LLC Operating Agreement
- Get a Federal Tax ID Number (aka EIN) for your Hawaii LLC from the IRS
- File a Hawaii LLC Annual Report ($15) every year to keep your LLC in compliance
We’ve created free instructions that will walk you through forming your Hawaii LLC, step-by-step.
You can find the detailed lessons linked at the top of this page.
Northwest ($39 + state fee) or LegalZoom ($149 + state fee)
(check out Northwest vs LegalZoom)