Deal alert! Northwest, our favorite company, is forming
LLCs for $39 (60% off!) See details.
You can get an LLC in Arkansas in 3-7 business days if you file online (or 4-5 weeks if you file by mail).
Arkansas LLC Processing Times
|Normal LLC processing time:||Expedited LLC:|
|Arkansas LLC by mail:||2-3 weeks (plus mail time)||Not available|
|Arkansas LLC online:||3-7 business days||Not available|
What is LLC processing time? Processing time is the time it takes for the state of Arkansas to review your LLC filing and enter it in their system. After your LLC is approved, the state sends back your approved documents electronically or by mail.
Arkansas LLC Approval Times
Mail filings: In total, mail filing approvals for Arkansas LLCs take 4-5 weeks. This accounts for the 2-3 weeks processing time, plus the time your documents are in the mail.
Online filings: In total, online filing approvals for Arkansas LLCs take 3-7 business days. Since you can download your documents as soon as they’re approved by the Secretary of State, there is no extra transit time.
What is LLC approval time? This is the total turnaround time to get your LLC approved from start to finish. It includes the processing time plus any transit time to and from the state.
Arkansas expedited LLC
Arkansas doesn’t have expedited options for online LLC filings. But online filings are approved within 3-7 business days.
Can I get my LLC faster if I don’t want to file online?
If you want to get your LLC in a 3-7 business days, but aren’t comfortable filing online, you have two options:
- If you can travel to Little Rock, you can file the paper forms in person at the Secretary of State’s Business and Commercial Services department. Then you’ll wait 3-7 business days for your approval to be sent by email, or 3-7 business days (plus mail time) for the approval if sent by mail.
- You can send your paper filing by overnight/express mail, and the state will review it in 3-7 business days. Make sure you follow the process outlined below.
Here is the unofficial process for expedited mail filings in Arkansas:
- You can overnight your filing to the state and include a prepaid overnight envelope.
- The state will use this envelope to return your approved LLC documents.
- This shortens mail time from weeks to days, which gets your LLC approved faster.
- You can use any shipping method, like USPS, FedEx, or UPS.
- The shipping cost depends on how fast you want your documents back.
- Tip: Pay for an overnight envelope that can hold 3 ounces (oz).
What’s the fastest way to get an LLC in Arkansas?
The fastest way to start an LLC in Arkansas is to file yourself and file it online. This option has the fastest approval time and is simpler than the overnight mail option.
How much does an LLC cost?
The one-time cost to start an LLC varies by state. There are also LLC Annual Fees to maintain your business that vary by state.
Here are the costs for an Arkansas LLC:
|Registered Agent||$0 or $125 per year|
|Articles of Organization||$45|
|Operating Agreement||$0 (free on our site)|
|EIN Number||$0 (free through IRS)|
|Annual Franchise Tax||$150|
|Taxes||varies (filed and/or paid every year)|
How to start an LLC in Arkansas?
Here are the steps to starting an LLC in Arkansas:
- Search your Arkansas LLC name
- Choose your Arkansas Registered Agent
- File Arkansas Articles of Organization with the state
- Sign your Arkansas LLC Operating Agreement
- Get an EIN for your Arkansas LLC
- Open an LLC bank account
Should I hire an LLC filing service in Arkansas?
Hiring an LLC filing service isn’t going to get your LLC approved any faster. Filing companies still have to wait for the state to approve your LLC.
However, the benefit of hiring a filing company isn’t to reduce LLC approval time. It’s to have someone else take care of the paperwork for you (and make sure it’s filed correctly).
If you want to hire someone to form your LLC, we recommend
Northwest Registered Agent ($39 + state fee).
Check out our Northwest Registered Agent review for more info.
Northwest Registered Agent has been in business for over 20 years and they have the best customer support.
Our favorite thing about Northwest is that you can use their address throughout your LLC filing. This can provide you with additional privacy by keeping your address off public records. No other filing company offers this.
Even though Northwest is our favorite company, you may want to look at other companies and compare your options. Check out Best LLC Services in Arkansas for additional recommendations.
How long does it take to get an LLC in every state?
Important: Just because one state is faster than another doesn’t mean you should form your LLC there. If you form your LLC out-of-state, you’ll need to register it as a foreign LLC in your home state. For more information, please see the best state to form an LLC.