Nebraska LLC Operating Agreement

Home » Nebraska LLC » Nebraska LLC Operating Agreement

Need to save time?

Hire a company to form your LLC:
Northwest ($39 + state fee)
LegalZoom ($149 + state fee)

Deal alert! Our favorite company, Northwest, is forming LLCs for $39 (60% off!) See details.

How to form an LLC in Nebraska
This Quick Start Guide is a brief overview of how to form an LLC in Nebraska.

Detailed Lessons:


Nebraska LLC costs:
LLC formation: $105 (one-time fee)
Biennial report: $10 (every 2 years)

Need help?
Hire a company to form your Nebraska LLC:
Northwest ($39 + state fee) or LegalZoom ($149 + state fee)

★ Check out Northwest vs LegalZoom

LLC Operating Agreement (template + instructions)


Download a free LLC Operating Agreement:
Member-managed: Google DocWordPDF
Manager-managed: Google DocWord

Next Step

After you’ve completed and signed your Nebraska LLC’s Operating Agreement, you can then proceed to the next Lesson: Federal Tax ID Number (EIN).

Matt Horwitz

Matt Horwitz
Founder & Educator, LLC University®
Matt Horwitz has been the leading expert on LLC education for the past decade. He founded LLC University in 2010 after realizing people needed simple and actionable instructions to start an LLC that other companies weren't offering. He's cited by Entrepreneur Magazine, Yahoo Finance, and the US Chamber of Commerce, and was featured by CNBC and InventRight.
Matt holds a Bachelor's Degree in business from Drexel University with a concentration in business law. He performs extensive research and analysis to convert state laws into simple instructions anyone can follow to form their LLC - all for free! Read more about Matt Horwitz and LLC University.

10 comments on “Nebraska Operating Agreement”

Disclaimer: Nothing on this page shall be interpreted as legal or tax advice. Rules and regulations vary by location. They also change over time and are specific to your situation. Furthermore, this comment section is provided so people can share their thoughts and experience. Please consult a licensed professional if you have legal or tax questions.

  1. Hi!
    I am a bit confused between company name and DBA. Do I include my dba name in my original LLC certification form or do I only list that name in the operating agreement?
    For example: I want my company name to be …….., but I will be doing business as: (my company name) virgin hair collection.
    How do I document this the correct way ?

    • Hi Jessika, I hear you… there can be a lot of confusion between LLC and DBA names. In order for me to answer your question, I’ll need more details. Can you tell me your complete LLC name as well as the desired DBA you are thinking of going with (or have already filed)? Thanks.

  2. Hi Matt,

    First off, thanks for making this tutorial. It’s been extremely helpful for something that otherwise would’ve completely confused me. I do have a question, if I’ve started an LLC by myself, and I’m the sole member, does that make this a single-member LLC? There are no special boxes I need to tick that make my LLC single-member, right? I filled out the LLC form with Nebraska and had my articles stamped, but it doesn’t specify single-member anywhere.

    Thanks again!

    • You’re welcome Casey! Yes, you are correct. You are a single-member LLC by nature of your Operating Agreement having just 1 member (you). There is nothing you need to file with the Nebraska Secretary of State which states you are a single-member LLC. Hope that helps.

  3. if we want to have ‘shares’ specified, where in the operating agreement should that be put?

    • Hi Cindy, LLCs don’t use shares. Ownership is expressed in a percentage or in units. Hope that helps.

    • Hi Larry, can you provide some specifics… What do you want to update and with what agency(ies)?

  4. Regarding the Tax and Financial Provisions and Tax Classification of LLC. If the only two company managed members are married and file a joint return, is there a specific classification for that. Appreciate all you efforts on this project. It has been very helpful.

Leave a comment or question

Comments are temporarily disabled.


How to form a US LLC

Non-US residents: If you want to form an LLC in the US, we recommend hiring doola.

doola specializes in forming US LLCs for international entrepreneurs.

They'll form your LLC, open your business bank account, and help with taxes. doola also has excellent customer service.

Hope that helps!

Matt Horwitz founder of LLC University
Matt Horwitz
Founder & Educator
LLC University®