Missouri LLC Operating Agreement

Home » Missouri LLC » Missouri LLC Operating Agreement

Need to save time?

Hire a company to form your LLC:
Northwest ($39 + state fee)
LegalZoom ($149 + state fee)

Deal alert! Our favorite company, Northwest, is forming LLCs for $39 (60% off!) See details.

LLC Operating Agreement (template + instructions)


Download a free LLC Operating Agreement:
Member-managed: Google DocWordPDF
Manager-managed: Google DocWord

Next Step

After you’ve completed and signed your Missouri LLC’s Operating Agreement, you can then proceed to the next Lesson: Tax ID Number (EIN).

Matt Horwitz

Matt Horwitz
Founder & Educator, LLC University®
Matt Horwitz has been the leading expert on LLC education for the past decade. He founded LLC University in 2010 after realizing people needed simple and actionable instructions to start an LLC that other companies weren't offering. He's cited by Entrepreneur Magazine, Yahoo Finance, and the US Chamber of Commerce, and was featured by CNBC and InventRight.
Matt holds a Bachelor's Degree in business from Drexel University with a concentration in business law. He performs extensive research and analysis to convert state laws into simple instructions anyone can follow to form their LLC - all for free! Read more about Matt Horwitz and LLC University.

12 comments on “Missouri Operating Agreement”

Disclaimer: Nothing on this page shall be interpreted as legal or tax advice. Rules and regulations vary by location. They also change over time and are specific to your situation. Furthermore, this comment section is provided so people can share their thoughts and experience. Please consult a licensed professional if you have legal or tax questions.

  1. I’m a little confused on the (4) Registered Office and Agent

    My LLC is registered in Missouri, Am I the agent or is the agent the Secretary of State listed on my Certificate. ??? Thank you, these videos are really helpful.

    • Just found the answer in the transcript. I missed it in the recording. Thank you

    • Hi Denise, whoever is listed as the LLC’s Registered Agent as per your Articles of Organization. It’s likely not the Secretary of State. Hope that helps.

  2. Hi,

    Ok it’s hard for me to word my question. I haven’t filed my taxes in 3 years. Over this time period I have been buying things for my business acting as an unregistered “Sole Proprietor.” I was also working full time at a company. I am now ready and prepared to launch my company and want to do a partnered LLC. Would you recommend getting the LLC, EIN, Business License, etc prior to filing back taxes? Can I still file my deductions/losses for my business even if it wasn’t yet registered? Thank you for your time.

    • Hi Stacee, you’ll want to run this all by an accountant so you can really get into the details. Typically, no, you can’t write off losses for the LLC before it existed. Those expenses were for your Sole Proprietorship. Hope that helps and thanks for your understanding.

Leave a comment or question

Comments are temporarily disabled.


How to form a US LLC

Non-US residents: If you want to form an LLC in the US, we recommend hiring doola.

doola specializes in forming US LLCs for international entrepreneurs.

They'll form your LLC, open your business bank account, and help with taxes. doola also has excellent customer service.

Hope that helps!

Matt Horwitz founder of LLC University
Matt Horwitz
Founder & Educator
LLC University®