Starting a Virginia LLC
A Virginia Limited Liability Company (LLC) is a legal structure used to protect your personal assets (home, car, bank account) in the event your business is sued.
An LLC can be used to operate a business, or an LLC can be used to hold assets (such as real estate, vehicles, boats, or aircraft).
How to form an LLC in Virginia:
- Search your Virginia LLC Name in the state database
- Choose a Virginia Registered Agent (an LLC Member or Manager, or hire a Commercial Registered Agent)
- File your Virginia Articles of Organization
- Can be filed online or by mail
- Pay the state’s LLC filing fee of $100
After your Virginia LLC is approved:
- Complete and sign an Virginia LLC Operating Agreement
- Obtain a Virginia EIN Number from the IRS
- Pay the $50 Virginia LLC Annual Registration Fee every year